Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ali ali is offline

Default Limiting the number of words allowed in a cell

Hi!
I have developed a couple of forms for my organization using the tables.
There are two cells that need to be completed by typing a certain number of
words in it (e.g. Max 60 words). I need to assign a mechnism that limits the
applicant when the number of words reach to 60, but do not know how. using
the fixed cell size is one option but the words will still be there, they are
not "shown" . Please help.
--
Thanks
Ali
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this is a protected form, you can make use of a text form field and
specify the allowed number of characters that can be inserted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ali" wrote in message
Hi!
I have developed a couple of forms for my organization using the tables.
There are two cells that need to be completed by typing a certain number
of
words in it (e.g. Max 60 words). I need to assign a mechnism that limits
the
applicant when the number of words reach to 60, but do not know how. using
the fixed cell size is one option but the words will still be there, they
are
not "shown" . Please help.
--
Thanks
Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Assuming that this is a protected form, you can add a text form field and
specify the allowed number of characters that can be inserted (in the Text
Form Field Options dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ali" wrote in message
Hi!
I have developed a couple of forms for my organization using the tables.
There are two cells that need to be completed by typing a certain number
of
words in it (e.g. Max 60 words). I need to assign a mechnism that limits
the
applicant when the number of words reach to 60, but do not know how. using
the fixed cell size is one option but the words will still be there, they
are
not "shown" . Please help.
--
Thanks
Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ali ali is offline

Thanks. let me explain more. I have a table with 6 columns and 8 rows. One
enters figures in the cells under columns 1-3. the product of multiplications
should appear inthe corresponding cells in column 8. in Excel all cells have
address to feed into the formula, which is not a case in Word tables I guess.
--
Thanks
Ali

"Ali" wrote in message
Hi!
I have developed a couple of forms for my organization using the tables.
There are two cells that need to be completed by typing a certain number
of
words in it (e.g. Max 60 words). I need to assign a mechnism that limits
the
applicant when the number of words reach to 60, but do not know how. using
the fixed cell size is one option but the words will still be there, they
are
not "shown" . Please help.
--
Thanks
Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ali ali is offline

OOOPs! I guess I sent the wrong message. It was on my other question on
calculations in the tables. sorry for inconvenience. I have limited the
number of "words" to 60. How many characters could it be? ant idea?
--
Thanks
Ali

"Ali" wrote in message
Hi!
I have developed a couple of forms for my organization using the tables.
There are two cells that need to be completed by typing a certain number
of
words in it (e.g. Max 60 words). I need to assign a mechnism that limits
the
applicant when the number of words reach to 60, but do not know how. using
the fixed cell size is one option but the words will still be there, they
are
not "shown" . Please help.
--
Thanks
Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm not sure what would be best number to choose... You will have to
experiment to find out.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP