Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gareth J Gareth J is offline

Default I am stuck in Compatability Mode and cannot do anything - help?!

I have just downloaded the trial version of MS Office 2007 and I am trying to
work in Word. Whenever I open a document, I am unable to do any work on it -
including save, edit, etc due to the fact that I am in "Compatability Mode".
How do I get out of this mode in order to begin working? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You must activate the free trial software before you can use it.
See
http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/s...?culture=en-US .

Gareth J wrote:

I have just downloaded the trial version of MS Office 2007 and I am trying to
work in Word. Whenever I open a document, I am unable to do any work on it -
including save, edit, etc due to the fact that I am in "Compatability Mode".
How do I get out of this mode in order to begin working? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 has a different file format from earlier versions, so when you
open an old document in 2007 it will open in compatibility mode to retain
its compatibility with the earlier version. This has nothing to do with your
inability to work with 2007. You are required to activate the program.Office
Button Word Options resources Activate.

If you save the document as 2007 format the compatibility can be switched
off, rendering the document in its 2007 incompatible with earlier versions
format. Note that when the trial expires you may have no way of opening 2007
documents without additional software.

Gareth J wrote:
I have just downloaded the trial version of MS Office 2007 and I am
trying to work in Word. Whenever I open a document, I am unable to do
any work on it - including save, edit, etc due to the fact that I am
in "Compatibility Mode". How do I get out of this mode in order to
begin working? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rvctrey rvctrey is offline

I am having the same problem but I have already activated my free trial. I
am not able to open files and edit them because I am stuck in "Compatibility
Mode". Help!!

Gareth J wrote:
I have just downloaded the trial version of MS Office 2007 and I am
trying to work in Word. Whenever I open a document, I am unable to do
any work on it - including save, edit, etc due to the fact that I am
in "Compatibility Mode". How do I get out of this mode in order to
begin working? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Compatibility mode has nothing whatsoever to do with the ability to open,
edit and save documents. It simply means that the document in question
maintains compatibility with earlier Word versions.

In oder for the trial version to work, it must be activated and current.
Once the trial period is ended, the software no longer works other than as a
reader.

Gareth J wrote:
I have just downloaded the trial version of MS Office 2007 and I am
trying to work in Word. Whenever I open a document, I am unable to
do any work on it - including save, edit, etc due to the fact that
I am in "Compatibility Mode". How do I get out of this mode in
order to begin working? Thanks.