Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Johnnylaw Johnnylaw is offline

Default When I merge excel with word I lose the currency digit ex $18.4

I set the currency and the decimal to 2 but when I merge into word I get a
loss of the last digit if it is zero
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use Alt-F9 to display your field codes.

Find the one you need to change. It will probably look like
{ MERGEFIELD mynumber }
or
{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \*Mergeformat }

Remove any \*Mergeformat and type
\#0.00

so that you have

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#0.00 }

Use Alt-F9 to display field results.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Johnnylaw wrote:
I set the currency and the decimal to 2 but when I merge into word I get a
loss of the last digit if it is zero

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry, ignore the other message.

Use Alt-F9 to display your field codes.

Find the one you need to change. It will probably look like
{ MERGEFIELD mynumber }
or
{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \*Mergeformat }

Remove any \*Mergeformat and type
\#$0.00

so that you have

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#$0.00 }

Or if your outputt needs to have thousands separators, use

Johnnylaw wrote:
I set the currency and the decimal to 2 but when I merge into word I get a
loss of the last digit if it is zero

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Johnnylaw Johnnylaw is offline

Default When I merge excel with word I lose the currency digit ex $18

Thanks!!! I figured it out with your help!!