Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
niladri niladri is offline

Default Why Header Style and Page number does not work together?

Using Office 2007

I selected 'Mod (Even Page)' style header. With that I am trying to add
'Bold Number 3' page number. but I cannot use both... It is eithor or..

How to use both?

thanks
nc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

After selecting the Style Header that you want, and when you are in the
Header pane, you make make any modifications to it that you want, such as
inserting page numbering and formatting that numbering.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"niladri" wrote in message

Using Office 2007

I selected 'Mod (Even Page)' style header. With that I am trying to add
'Bold Number 3' page number. but I cannot use both... It is eithor or..

How to use both?

thanks
nc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
niladri niladri is offline

I tried already.. pl. read my previous posting. It is either or... Either the
hrader style or the page number. For example as I select the Page number
(just after Header Style), the selected header disappeares.

-nc

"niladri" wrote in message

Using Office 2007

I selected 'Mod (Even Page)' style header. With that I am trying to add
'Bold Number 3' page number. but I cannot use both... It is eithor or..

How to use both?

thanks
nc

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Instead of selecting a page number building block (which will indeed replace
the header building block you've just inserted), place your insertion point
in the header where you want the page number and use Insert | Page Number |
Current Position.

http://word.mvps.org

"niladri" wrote in message

Using Office 2007

I selected 'Mod (Even Page)' style header. With that I am trying to add
'Bold Number 3' page number. but I cannot use both... It is eithor or..

How to use both?

thanks
nc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
niladri chatterjee niladri chatterjee is offline

Can you please tell me how...? I tried every possible way for my Report but
did not work. Please use these two: 'Add Mod (Even Page)' style header then
add
'Bold Number 3' page number Style".

thanks
NC

"niladri" wrote in message

Using Office 2007

I selected 'Mod (Even Page)' style header. With that I am trying to add
'Bold Number 3' page number. but I cannot use both... It is eithor or..

How to use both?

thanks
nc

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
niladri chatterjee niladri chatterjee is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill:

Thanks 1M ..... it did work..! One more question, for this 'Mod (Even
Page)" header style there is a date field at the center of th ecircle. If I
click on it it shows calender. I selected Today's date. Will will change
tomorow with tomorrow's date?

I want this date to be the 'Current Date'?

thanks a lot for your help.

-nc

"niladri" wrote in message

Using Office 2007

I selected 'Mod (Even Page)' style header. With that I am trying to add
'Bold Number 3' page number. but I cannot use both... It is eithor or..

How to use both?

thanks
nc

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The date picker appears to insert a static date. If you want the current
date, you'll need to insert a Date field. Unfortunately, Alt+Shift+D
shortcut doesn't appear to work here. But you can use Insert | Text | Quick
Parts | Field. Select Date and choose the format you want. If the desired
format isn't listed, pick the closest one you can find and then edit the
field switch to get the desired one.

To reveal the field code (and hide it again when you're done), press Alt+F9.
The syntax for date fields is explained at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DateFields.htm. You may need to F9 to
update the field after editing it.

http://word.mvps.org

"niladri chatterjee" wrote in