Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
km km is offline

Default Panning Hand

When I first started using Word 2007, the panning hand was on the top of the
scroll bar. Now for some reason it is not there. How can I get the panning
hand back on top of the side scroll bar?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't recall ever seeing a panning hand on a scroll bar in Word (any
version). The pointer will drag the "elevator." But perhaps the panning hand
is a result of using the scroll wheel on your mouse?

"KM" wrote in message
When I first started using Word 2007, the panning hand was on the top of
the
scroll bar. Now for some reason it is not there. How can I get the
panning
hand back on top of the side scroll bar?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
km km is offline

The panning hand appears in 2007 along with the split window, and view ruler
icons on top of the vertical scroll bar. It was there and it is still on my
other computer - there must be a preference somewhere that I changed.

Thanks anyway

"KM" wrote in message
When I first started using Word 2007, the panning hand was on the top of
the
scroll bar. Now for some reason it is not there. How can I get the
panning
hand back on top of the side scroll bar?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The panning hand is a result of having a Tablet PC -- see
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...l-part-ii.aspx.
It isn't available on a desktop.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"KM" wrote in message
When I first started using Word 2007, the panning hand was on the top of
the
scroll bar. Now for some reason it is not there. How can I get the
panning
hand back on top of the side scroll bar?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
km km is offline

The panning hand is visible in my office 2007 program on my Vista Desktop
computer. Where I am missing the panning hand is on my XP laptop - so maybe
I have to have Vista. But there is a panning hand on my vista desktop
computer.

Thanks

"KM" wrote in message
When I first started using Word 2007, the panning hand was on the top of
the
scroll bar. Now for some reason it is not there. How can I get the
panning
hand back on top of the side scroll bar?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Possibly you have some tablet-like functionality installed/activated on the
Vista PC. There is at least one bug that is present in the case of a Tablet
PC that also manifests itself on such a Vista based machine. That is the
ability to propagate the label setup to all labels on a sheet when setting
up a label type mail merge main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KM" wrote in message
When I first started using Word 2007, the panning hand was on the
top of
the
scroll bar. Now for some reason it is not there. How can I get the
panning
hand back on top of the side scroll bar?

Thanks

Truman Gump Truman Gump is offline
Junior Member

Might there be any cyber paleontologists who happen to know enough about Windows XP Professional Tablet Edition and Microsoft Word 2007 to know if there is a way to create a keyboard shortcut to toggle the Panning Hand within MS Word 2007 which apparently only exists in conjunction with Windows XP Tablet Edition? As indicated below, the icon exists above the scroll bar and can also be added as an icon to the Quick Acceess Toolbar but there seems to be no apparent way to associate a keyboard shortcut to it.
-----------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post
blckbirdnite blckbirdnite is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM View Post
When I first started using Word 2007, the panning hand was on the top of the
scroll bar. Now for some reason it is not there. How can I get the panning
hand back on top of the side scroll bar?

Thanks
I'm years late to this, but I've only just encountered this problem. You've probably found the answer by now, but if not:

1. click customize quick access Toolbar
2. click 'more commands'
3. click to open pull down menu 'Choose commands from:'
4. choose 'Commands not in The Ribbon'
5. Now scroll down to and select 'panning hand'
6. 'click Add' and then OK.

This should add the 'panning hand' to your quick access toolbar.