Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

Default How combine a vertical and a horizontal document?

In Word 2003 how do you combine a one-page vertical-oriented and a
one-page horizontal-oriented document into one? I tried Tools
Compare/Merge Documents, but that makes the combined document either
vertical or horizontal for both pages, and I need to conserve the
original orientation of each page in the combined document.

TIA,

George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The two parts need to be in different Sections. Add a Section Break Next Page
at the end of the first document, then import the second document after it.
Then you can go to Page Layout and change the orientations of each Section separately. (Be sure to choose This Section instead of Entire Document.)

It would probably work if you simply put a Section Break into your already
combined document, too.

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 11:37:08 AM UTC-5, George wrote:
In Word 2003 how do you combine a one-page vertical-oriented and a
one-page horizontal-oriented document into one? I tried Tools
Compare/Merge Documents, but that makes the combined document either
vertical or horizontal for both pages, and I need to conserve the
original orientation of each page in the combined document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

Peter, thanks for the very fast reply. I tried to follow your
instructions, but can't get the hang of it. I should have explained
better that the combined document should consist of the same two
_pages_ that are now individual pages. In other words, I'm not trying
to create a single document that combines the _contents_ of both on a
single page. I'm trying to create a new .doc _file_ consisting of
vertical page 1 and horizontal page 2. Also, this is Word 2003.

Thanks,

George

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

Peter, never mind. I dabbled around a bit, don't know how I did it
(LOL), but finally got what I wanted.

Regards,
George