Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Embedded PowerPoint Objects in Word 2003

Hello,

I'm currently working with a file that requires me to attach 2 PowerPoint
presentations. I have tried the following methods. I choose Insert, Object,
Create from File, I browse for file; I insert and display as icon. When I
double click the presentation it opens in slideshow mode.

I also tried to insert the object as a link and displaying as icon, but when
I double-click the Presentation launches in Slide Show view.

I use to be able to insert PPT files as objects and open them from Word in
their Normal view, however, now everything opens in Slide Show view.

How can I tell the program to open the file in Normal View in PowerPoint?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

How has the PowerPoint presentation been saved? Was it saved as a .ppt or
..pps?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently working with a file that requires me to attach 2 PowerPoint
presentations. I have tried the following methods. I choose Insert, Object,
Create from File, I browse for file; I insert and display as icon. When I
double click the presentation it opens in slideshow mode.

I also tried to insert the object as a link and displaying as icon, but when
I double-click the Presentation launches in Slide Show view.

I use to be able to insert PPT files as objects and open them from Word in
their Normal view, however, now everything opens in Slide Show view.

How can I tell the program to open the file in Normal View in PowerPoint?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Hi Carol,

All of the presentation were saved as .PPT files. I even try created a new
one and saved it as a presentation (.PPT) but it still opens in Slide Show
Mode.

Pleasse Help

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently working with a file that requires me to attach 2 PowerPoint
presentations. I have tried the following methods. I choose Insert, Object,
Create from File, I browse for file; I insert and display as icon. When I
double click the presentation it opens in slideshow mode.

I also tried to insert the object as a link and displaying as icon, but when
I double-click the Presentation launches in Slide Show view.

I use to be able to insert PPT files as objects and open them from Word in
their Normal view, however, now everything opens in Slide Show view.

How can I tell the program to open the file in Normal View in PowerPoint?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Hi Marilyn,

I'm not really sure what it is that you're trying to accomplish here. When
you insert a PowerPoint presentation as an object, of course it opens in
Slide Show mode. You can right-click on it and select Presentation Object |
Open and it will open the object as if you were in PowerPoint.

If you just want your slides and text in a Word document, while in
PowerPoint, just click on Send To and Microsoft Word.

Please let me know if any of this has been helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently working with a file that requires me to attach 2 PowerPoint
presentations. I have tried the following methods. I choose Insert, Object,
Create from File, I browse for file; I insert and display as icon. When I
double click the presentation it opens in slideshow mode.

I also tried to insert the object as a link and displaying as icon, but when
I double-click the Presentation launches in Slide Show view.

I use to be able to insert PPT files as objects and open them from Word in
their Normal view, however, now everything opens in Slide Show view.

How can I tell the program to open the file in Normal View in PowerPoint?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Hi Carol,

When I insert a PPT Object in Word using the following method it does what
it should do and that is open in Slide Show Mode: Insert, Object, Create from
File, Browse for file and Select file, Click Display as Icon.

When I insert a PPT Object using the following method it opens up in Slide
Show mode, when before it use to open the Presentation in Normal mode.
Insert, Object, Create from File, Browse for file and Select file, Click Link
to File and Display as Ojbect.

It does not matter which way I insert now it opens up to Slide Show mode,
when before it was not that way.

Thanks for the Help

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently working with a file that requires me to attach 2 PowerPoint
presentations. I have tried the following methods. I choose Insert, Object,
Create from File, I browse for file; I insert and display as icon. When I
double click the presentation it opens in slideshow mode.

I also tried to insert the object as a link and displaying as icon, but when
I double-click the Presentation launches in Slide Show view.

I use to be able to insert PPT files as objects and open them from Word in
their Normal view, however, now everything opens in Slide Show view.

How can I tell the program to open the file in Normal View in PowerPoint?

Thanks,

MacroWizard MacroWizard is offline
Junior Member

I am posting this here so that people know that there is an answer. Since this went largely unresolved and I came across the issue myself, I decided to produce a solution.

In my document, I have my embedded powerpoints inside of a shape. The shape makes them virtually invisible, which is what I want. Then, on a custom button, I have a macro (code) set to open the embedded powerpoint of my choosing. The powerpoint opens in Edit/Normal mode.

Code:
Sub OpenPPT()
     'This opens powerpoint in edit mode
     '
    Dim oCC As Shape
    For Each oCC In ActiveDocument.Shapes
        If oCC.Title = "pptDisaster" Then
            oCC.TextFrame.TextRange.InlineShapes(1).OLEFormat.DoVerb VerbIndex:=1
        Else
             ' Do Nothing
        End If
    Next oCC