Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet Janet is offline

Default how do i undo the moment i clicked "do not save" accidentally?

i was making changes on my assignment and felt very satisfied with my work,
since i had spent almost 4 hours accomplishing it. i went on to "save" but
accidentally click "do not save"!! now i completely cant remember what i have
typed and i will have to redo and spent countless hours on it again!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

In the future, you should save it frequently while you're working on it..not
after you're done ;-)

"Janet" wrote in message
:i was making changes on my assignment and felt very satisfied with my work,
: since i had spent almost 4 hours accomplishing it. i went on to "save" but
: accidentally click "do not save"!! now i completely cant remember what i
have
: typed and i will have to redo and spent countless hours on it again!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Janet" wrote:

i was making changes on my assignment and felt very satisfied with my work,
since i had spent almost 4 hours accomplishing it. i went on to "save" but
accidentally click "do not save"!! now i completely cant remember what i have
typed and i will have to redo and spent countless hours on it again!

I feel bad for you, but unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.
You have to change your work habits as far as Word is concerned.
Never use the "X" when you intend to save. Use the Save icon on the toolbar
or the File Save.
But most of all, you must immediately stop working for 4 hours without ever
saving once! That is a very bad habit, worse than smoking! I save every 10
minutes or so when I work on important stuff. It is not just to prevent
carlessness, but what if there is a power outage, what if the dog trips on
the electric cord, what if the cat decides that the electric cord is a snake
and attacks it, what if Word or Windows crash {both being Microsoft
products... ;-) }, what if...??? A lot can happen in 4 hours!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your only consolation is that it probably will take less than 4 hours to
redo and will be better the second time around. In future, save early and
often. There's no excuse for losing more than 5-15 minutes' worth of work.
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm