Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Swifty Swifty is offline

Default Outline Numbered Lists inside tables

Word 2003:

In an Outline Numbered List, Tab and Shift-Tab change the nesting level
in your list.

In a table, Tab and Shift-Tab take you to the following and previous
cell. They also take precedence over the Outline Numbered List actions.

Is there a keyboard action for controlling the indent level of the list
items inside a table cell?

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Swifty Swifty is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
The usual keys for tabbing tables are Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab.

Thanks, but ctrl+tab inside an outline numbered list inside a table cell
just inserts a tab.

I'm looking for the "increase/decrease indent" function. I can use the
button in the toolbar, but I'm strongly keyboard-centric.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
http://www.ringers.org.uk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You should be able to use Alt+Shift+Left arrow and Alt+Shift+Right arrow to
promote and demote list items.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Swifty" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
The usual keys for tabbing tables are Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab.

Thanks, but ctrl+tab inside an outline numbered list inside a table cell
just inserts a tab.

I'm looking for the "increase/decrease indent" function. I can use the
button in the toolbar, but I'm strongly keyboard-centric.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
http://www.ringers.org.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Swifty Swifty is offline

Stefan Blom wrote:
You should be able to use Alt+Shift+Left arrow and Alt+Shift+Right arrow to
promote and demote list items.

Ah! Perfect! Apart from the minor glitch that I probably won't be able
to remember this until the next time I need it.

Someone once described dinosaurs as "wandering around the plains
wondering where they just came from". Well, that fits me (I'm an old IBM
S/360 dinosaur after all).

Still, never mind. I'll remember that it *can* be done, and that is the
hard part of the battle. Thanks!

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html