Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
diggleswick diggleswick is offline

Default Data Recovery

I recently suffered a total computer breakdown. I recovered the hard drive
and connected it to the replacement system to enable file transfers etc.
However the majority of the work is not detected by the new system.

Two thoughts occur. Firstly the missing work appears to be all done under
my administrator password protected User Account. Secondly the new system is
Vista whereas the old one was XP.

Is there any procedure to recover the missing files? In reply please spoon
feed infor (ie: click this click that). I am computer competant but
certainly not expert!

Garagebondit Garagebondit is offline
Junior Member

Now there is software like Recuva or Disk Drill that can help you recover deleted or damaged files. But remember that sometimes these tools will not be able to help you. You will have to turn to the raid data recovery service for help in some situations. But this happens extremely rarely, and then usually need to contact such a service if you have a damaged hard drive or another disk. You need to repair it first and then restore all the necessary files. Sometimes, it even happens that damaged files are restored, but this is extremely rare. I hope I have helped you.

Last edited by Garagebondit : April 24th 22 at 11:40 AM
davidmarco19 davidmarco19 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garagebondit View Post
Now there is software like Recuva or Disk Drill that can help you recover deleted or damaged files.
_