Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Schuyler Schuyler is offline

Default Table inserts into header automatically

While creating my doc (usually early in the doc) the table starts extending
into the next page header and continues to spans to the bottom of the page
and from that point forward. Anyone ever experience such a thing??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes. Word 2000 and 2002 (IIRC) don't permit wrapped tables to extend across
pages. Word 2003 does. I'm not sure which of these behaviors this
represents, but if you want a table to just run normally from one page to
the next, make sure the wrapping is set to None. And keep in mind that,
every time you move a table by dragging it (or even if you inadvertently
nudge the table handle only slightly), it will become wrapped. If you need
to move it, Copy/Paste will not change the wrapping.

"Schuyler" wrote in message
Around, is that the problem?

"Schuyler" wrote in message
While creating my doc (usually early in the doc) the table starts
extending
into the next page header and continues to spans to the bottom of the
page
and from that point forward. Anyone ever experience such a thing??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Schuyler Schuyler is offline

Thanks for the info, that did it!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. Word 2000 and 2002 (IIRC) don't permit wrapped tables to extend across
pages. Word 2003 does. I'm not sure which of these behaviors this
represents, but if you want a table to just run normally from one page to
the next, make sure the wrapping is set to None. And keep in mind that,
every time you move a table by dragging it (or even if you inadvertently
nudge the table handle only slightly), it will become wrapped. If you need
to move it, Copy/Paste will not change the wrapping.

"Schuyler" wrote in message
Around, is that the problem?