Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default How do you make a diamond in Word-not using wing ding or bullets?

How can you make a diamond (or other characters) in Word NOT using WingDing
fonts or bullets? Specifically, a diamond (solid). Thanks!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you make a diamond in Word-not using wing ding or bullets?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can make a diamond (solid) in Word without using WingDing fonts or bullets:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on the "Insert" tab.
  2. Click on "Shapes" and select the "Diamond" shape from the list.
  3. Click and drag your mouse on the document to draw the diamond shape to your desired size.
  4. Right-click on the diamond shape and select "Format Shape" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Format Shape" pane, select the "Fill" option.
  6. Choose the color you want for your diamond from the color palette or select "More Colors" to choose a custom color.
  7. Select the "Solid fill" option to fill the diamond with the chosen color.
  8. Click "Close" to exit the "Format Shape" pane.

And there you have it! A solid diamond shape in Word without using WingDing fonts or bullets. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

Drawing toolbar, auto shapes

"Dawn" wrote:

How can you make a diamond (or other characters) in Word NOT using WingDing
fonts or bullets? Specifically, a diamond (solid). Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default How do you make a diamond in Word-not using wing ding or bulle

I didn't see a solid diamond in there, but thanks. I am looking for maybe a
code or "Ctrl" "Alt" command??!?? The document I seen it in, when the cursor
is placed over the diamond, it doesn't change the "Arial" font description.

"Dawn" wrote:

How can you make a diamond (or other characters) in Word NOT using WingDing
fonts or bullets? Specifically, a diamond (solid). Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

There isn't a solid diamond - you have to fill it in yourself, with the color
you want (fill color)

"Dawn" wrote:

How can you make a diamond (or other characters) in Word NOT using WingDing
fonts or bullets? Specifically, a diamond (solid). Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"Dawn" wrote in message
news
How can you make a diamond (or other characters) in Word NOT using
WingDing
fonts or bullets? Specifically, a diamond (solid). Thanks!

¦: 2666 ALT-X

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's Unicode character 2666. If you open the Symbol dialog from an
insertion point in the Arial font, then "(normal text)" represents Arial,
and this character is included in the Arial font (and other Windows Core
Fonts, such as Times New Roman).

http://word.mvps.org

"Dawn" wrote in message
news
How can you make a diamond (or other characters) in Word NOT using
WingDing
fonts or bullets? Specifically, a diamond (solid). Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"PJY" wrote in message

¦: 2666 ALT-X

she said she didn't want a symbol

It's a character not a "symbol" and it doesn't use a WingdDing or other font
as per spec.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com