Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brad Brad is offline

Default Word 2003 Mail Merge Directory

I have tried to create a directory from my data file in Excel. I have placed
the fields into the directory document but I've placed a page header/title at
the top of the page before my fields to be selected from the data file. When
I click on create new document and choos all records it repeats the header
with each record. How do I stop this repeat of the header?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can either place it in the Header pane of the document (ViewHeader and
Footer), placing it in the First Page header if you do not want it to repeat
on every page, or wait until you have executed your merge and then insert
the information into the document created by executing the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP