Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sue B Sue B is offline

Default Skipping labels on printing

I am printing a mail merge list of labels to a Panasonic KX-P1124 dot matrix
using fanfold labels. At the end of every page of 12 labels, it skips 2
labels then resumes printing.

Things I have already tried:

1. The printer is set to ignore the "skip perforation" function.
2. I have confirmed margins to be 0.
3. I have checked page size and set it for a custom size - 4.25" x 12.03"
tractor feed. However, every time I check the page size it reads 8.5" x 14"
legal size.
4. I have also confirmed the Word is not set to scale to A4 or letter size.
5. This is occuring with Office 2007.

Please help - I am at my wits' end and have a mailing to send out last week.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Most printer drivers are hopeless with custom page sizes and will adopt the
nearest defined page size, which in your case appears to be Legal. I suspect
that the extra two inches of page size is the reason the labels are missed.
You may be able to create a new page size in Windows associated with the
printer driver -
http://windowsitpro.com/article/arti...a-printer.html

Sue B wrote:
I am printing a mail merge list of labels to a Panasonic KX-P1124 dot
matrix using fanfold labels. At the end of every page of 12 labels,
it skips 2 labels then resumes printing.

Things I have already tried:

1. The printer is set to ignore the "skip perforation" function.
2. I have confirmed margins to be 0.
3. I have checked page size and set it for a custom size - 4.25" x
12.03" tractor feed. However, every time I check the page size it
reads 8.5" x 14" legal size.
4. I have also confirmed the Word is not set to scale to A4 or letter
size.
5. This is occuring with Office 2007.

Please help - I am at my wits' end and have a mailing to send out
last week.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sue B[_2_] Sue B[_2_] is offline

Graham and Don-

Thanks for your replies. Graham, I was able to create a new form for the
printer. Now, it only skips one label and that every 10 labels even though
there are 12 per page of the fanfold. Also, it sets the first label after the
skip at a higher place on the label and I am afraid that once I run more than
just two pages for test purposes it will position the text off of the label.

I have checked all of the "next record" fields, and they are where I need
them - every 7th label at the end.

??? Another idea to try, please???

Sue B

Sue B wrote:
I am printing a mail merge list of labels to a Panasonic KX-P1124 dot
matrix using fanfold labels. At the end of every page of 12 labels,
it skips 2 labels then resumes printing.

Things I have already tried:

1. The printer is set to ignore the "skip perforation" function.
2. I have confirmed margins to be 0.
3. I have checked page size and set it for a custom size - 4.25" x
12.03" tractor feed. However, every time I check the page size it
reads 8.5" x 14" legal size.
4. I have also confirmed the Word is not set to scale to A4 or letter
size.
5. This is occuring with Office 2007.

Please help - I am at my wits' end and have a mailing to send out
last week.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What are you using as the data source? One thing that you could possibly do
is revert to the original label setup that was skipping the two labels and
modify the data source by inserting a couple of empty records after every
twelfth record. Depending upon the data source, a macro could be used to
make the modification.

When you say "I have checked all of the "next record" fields, and they are
where I need them - every 7th label at the end.", are you printing 7 labels
for each record in the datasource?

Assuming that you now have 10 labels on the sheet, I would anticipate that a
new record will be used for the first label on the next sheet so that,
starting at the beginning, you would get 7 labels for the first record, then
three labels for the next record then 7 for the third record, then 3 for the
fourth and so on. Is that what is happening?

Maybe you should try changing the mail merge main document type to a
Directory, then delete the eighth and following labels from the main
document and remove the Next Record field. Then execute this merge to a
new document and try printing that.

If you set the page dimensions for the Directory type mail merge main
document to 4.25" x 12.03" the printer may actually be able to properly
handle the printing of the document created by executing the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sue B wrote:
I am printing a mail merge list of labels to a Panasonic KX-P1124 dot
matrix using fanfold labels. At the end of every page of 12 labels,
it skips 2 labels then resumes printing.

Things I have already tried:

1. The printer is set to ignore the "skip perforation" function.
2. I have confirmed margins to be 0.
3. I have checked page size and set it for a custom size - 4.25" x
12.03" tractor feed. However, every time I check the page size it
reads 8.5" x 14" legal size.
4. I have also confirmed the Word is not set to scale to A4 or letter
size.
5. This is occuring with Office 2007.

Please help - I am at my wits' end and have a mailing to send out
last week.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sue B[_2_] Sue B[_2_] is offline

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks to you both.

Graham - after I added the custom form for the page size option, I forgot
one step of my troubleshooting. After my last post, I checked the printer
settings for "skip perforation" and changed it to the other option.

So, the combination of changing that once I had a new page size option
solved it. Graham, I appreciate the help and solution.

Don - I never thought of the directory option. I do have another project
that may help. Thanks for the heads up.

Sue B

"Sue B" wrote:

I am printing a mail merge list of labels to a Panasonic KX-P1124 dot matrix
using fanfold labels. At the end of every page of 12 labels, it skips 2
labels then resumes printing.

Things I have already tried:

1. The printer is set to ignore the "skip perforation" function.
2. I have confirmed margins to be 0.
3. I have checked page size and set it for a custom size - 4.25" x 12.03"
tractor feed. However, every time I check the page size it reads 8.5" x 14"
legal size.
4. I have also confirmed the Word is not set to scale to A4 or letter size.
5. This is occuring with Office 2007.

Please help - I am at my wits' end and have a mailing to send out last week.

Word 07 Label Merge Skipping Labels Stephanie Mailmerge 3 July 31st 07 04:31 AM
Skipping Labels JerryT Mailmerge 4 March 4th 06 07:58 AM
mail merge skipping recs while printing njpmr Mailmerge 1 January 11th 06 06:47 PM
Printer skipping pages before printing Word documents 12Cgirl Microsoft Word Help 1 November 17th 05 02:51 PM
when printing labels preview looks good but labels move slightly . ksmith Mailmerge 1 December 23rd 04 09:55 PM