Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frosty Frosty is offline

Default Envelope address box in Word 2007

In Word 2003 I never had a problem pasting any size of address into the
envelope address box, but in 2007 I can only fit four lines of text.
I have reformatted the style to get single line space, but now can't get
more than five lines.
Can I change the text box size so as to be able to still choose font size?
--
Frosty
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's not a text box but a frame, and it is defined as part of the Envelope
Address style. You can modify that style to change the frame size.

http://word.mvps.org

"Frosty" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I never had a problem pasting any size of address into the
envelope address box, but in 2007 I can only fit four lines of text.
I have reformatted the style to get single line space, but now can't get
more than five lines.
Can I change the text box size so as to be able to still choose font size?
--
Frosty

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frosty Frosty is offline

Thanks a lot for the help Suzanne. I appreciate it.
Unfortunately you lost me.
I looked in help for Envelope address style and found 'installed templates'
but there were no envelopes listed.
Could you tell me the route to finding it please.

--
Frosty

"Frosty" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I never had a problem pasting any size of address into the
envelope address box, but in 2007 I can only fit four lines of text.
I have reformatted the style to get single line space, but now can't get
more than five lines.
Can I change the text box size so as to be able to still choose font size?
--
Frosty

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click on the dialog launcher arrow
in the bottom right corner to open the Styles task pane.

2. Click on Options... and choose "All styles" for the "styles to show,"
then OK to close the dialog.

3. Find the Envelope Address style in the list.

4. Right-click and choose Modify...

5. In the Modify Style dialog, choose Format | Frame.

6. In the Frame dialog, change the height of the frame and click OK.

7. In the Modify Style dialog, choose the "New documents based on this
template" radio button and click OK.

8. You can now click Options... again and set the style list back to
"Recommended."

http://word.mvps.org

"Frosty" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I never had a problem pasting any size of address into the
envelope address box, but in 2007 I can only fit four lines of text.
I have reformatted the style to get single line space, but now can't
get
more than five lines.
Can I change the text box size so as to be able to still choose font
size?
--
Frosty

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frosty Frosty is offline

Thank you very much for the help guys.

Sorry for the delay replying, I lost the link.

......frosty.....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
benneyb benneyb is offline

I spent 2 hours trying to figure this out. What flaming IDIOT at MS decided
to hardcode the default choice to a specific height. I'm so angry I could
spit blood.