Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ken1943 ken1943 is offline

Default I can't click twice on format painter in office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

If you mean to say that you can't double-click to load the format
painter, then it may be something with your install or you may be
missing an Office/Word update because it works for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

My guess is an incompatible add-in interfering. Try testing in Safe Mode.
From Start | Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Does the Format Painter work correctly now?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ken1943 ken1943 is offline

No, it didn't work correctly. It immediately goes to the document after I
click on the format painter icon once.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

My guess is an incompatible add-in interfering. Try testing in Safe Mode.
From Start | Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Does the Format Painter work correctly now?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I don't quite follow 'it immediately goes to the document'. Surely, you are
doing this in a document?

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

My guess is an incompatible add-in interfering. Try testing in Safe Mode.
From Start | Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Does the Format Painter work correctly now?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It sounds to me as if you're not double-clicking quickly enough. Perhaps
your double-click speed is set incorrectly in Control Panel.

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

My guess is an incompatible add-in interfering. Try testing in Safe Mode.
From Start | Run, type in