Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Will[_4_] Will[_4_] is offline

Default How to make Word more lean?

One of the reasons I've not used Word more is its kind of slow compared to Wordpad. We can speed up the OS dramatically be trimming
off stuff running in the background through Services, Msconfig, etc in the Operating System. I was wondering if there are ways I
can make Word run faster? Perhaps by disabling auto correction, spellchecking, etc? Your recommendations would be most useful. I
only need a very few features in Word. And when I need something that might be disabled I can always enable it for the brief time
needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Not a lot that you can do. Disable spelling and grammar as you type, disable
all the AutoCorrect and AutoFormat options and make sure that you have the
latest printer and graphics drivers installed.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Will" wrote in message
One of the reasons I've not used Word more is its kind of slow compared to
Wordpad. We can speed up the OS dramatically be trimming off stuff
running in the background through Services, Msconfig, etc in the Operating
System. I was wondering if there are ways I can make Word run faster?
Perhaps by disabling auto correction, spellchecking, etc? Your
recommendations would be most useful. I only need a very few features in
Word. And when I need something that might be disabled I can always
enable it for the brief time needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In addition, if you work in Normal view (called Draft view in Word 2007) you
can go into the options and turn off background repagination. When you
switch to Print Layout view, repagination is automatically turned back on,
and the option is grayed out while you're in that view.

If you use Word 2007, read
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...-edition1.aspx.

--
Regards,