Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
huon huon is offline

Default Section break

Hello
I'm using Word 2003.

In the preliminary pages of a document Im using lowercase Roman page
numbering (i, ii, €¦). After my Table of Contents Ive inserted a manual
Section Break Next Page to end the preliminary pages and start the main part
of the document (with Arabic numbering 1, 2, €¦).

In the main part of the document my Heading 1 style includes "page break
before".

The consequence of these 2 formatting effects (new section page break plus
page break before) is a blank page between the TOC and my first Heading 1
style.

How can I delete it or fix this problem?

Thanks, David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
huon huon is offline

Hello Bob

Thank you very much - I'd thought about it - and when I read your response
my initial reaction was "didn't he read my post - that won't work" - but it
did. Bloody marvellous - thank-you.
David