Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ori Ori is offline

Default Some characters appear very large but only when printing

Hi,

At work, I use office 2003 on a PC running win2000.
I have encountered a v. strange problem.
When sending a doc to the printer, some characters (usually the number of
the second or third chapter heading) appear very large (font ~72).
This is not something which can be seen on the screen before printing.
I have tried changing the font type - no luck.
The same character usually has the same problem when converting the file to
PDF.
The only workaround I have found is to put a period (.) just before the
number and change it's font color to white so that it is not visible even if
it is big. This always works (the character immediately after the period is
always printed correctly) but sometimes, the problem "jumps" to the first
character of the next chapter heading.

Has anyone ever seen this problem? Any ideas on what might be causing it?

If so, pls email me directly...

Thanks

--
Ori