Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jjk98 jjk98 is offline

Default Cannot delete word file

Using Word 2007. I have a .doc (old style) file that I have been editing and
it got caught in a quick power blip, but enough of one to cause my Windows
2007 system to reboot. Suprisingly Word 2007 recovered the text when I opened
the program. I immediately attempted to save the document but Word would not
do so and I was forced to save the document under a new name.

After exiting Word, I attempted to delete the old document, but that failed
with a message that the file was still open in Word. It was not. Even after a
reboot I was unable to delete the file never having opened Word in the
session.

I found this reference in another posting
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm) but in Windows 7
there is no way to find the files as described there.

How can I delete the file? and... Please rewrite or update the above
reference for Windows 7
--
Thanks for your help - jjk98