Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
prkhan56 prkhan56 is offline

Default Exclude numbers in parantheses using wildcard find and replace

Hello All,
I am using Word 2010 and have a long document where there are numbers
in parantheses.
I wish to keep these numbers including the parantheses and the hyphen
sign and delete everything in the document.

eg.(1-1),(1-2)............(1-10).......many more like these with
different combinations.

At present I have only single digit on the left side of the hyphen.

I tried the following using wildcard find and replace but it says Word
found no items matching this criteria.

(\([!0-9]{1,}\-[!0-9]{1,}\))

So after the find and replace I should have only numbers in
parantheses with hyphens...all other text/digits should be deleted.

Any help please
Thanks in advance
Rashid Khan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

"prkhan56" wrote

[Word 2010]
I wish to keep these numbers including the parantheses
and the hyphen sign and delete everything in the document.

maybe, this could be an alternative:

1. Ctrl+H | Find | Use wildcards
2. Find what: \([0-9]{1,}-[0-9]{1,}\)
3. Find in: Main document

Now all instances are selected. You can copy them (Ctrl+C) and paste
them into another document.

--
Regards from Germany
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
prkhan56 prkhan56 is offline

On Jul 12, 9:45*pm, "Lisa Wilke-Thissen" wrote:
Hi,

"prkhan56" *wrote

[Word 2010]

I wish to keep these numbers including the parantheses
and the hyphen sign and delete everything in the document.

maybe, this could be an alternative:

1. *Ctrl+H | Find | Use wildcards
2. Find what: \([0-9]{1,}-[0-9]{1,}\)
3. Find in: Main document

Now all instances are selected. You can copy them (Ctrl+C) and paste
them into another document.

--
Regards from Germany
Lisa [MS MVP Word]