JonnyT JonnyT is offline
Junior Member

Default Autofill fields between two Word documents?

I've hit a stumbling block and I'd really appreciate any help:

I have two word documents: Examination Report and Notes.

Within the main document, which is Examination Report, there are a number of fields an examiner has to fill in.

I also have a second and completely separate word document called Notes that has information that doesn't go in the Examination Report document.

The problem is that I have a bunch of the same fields in both documents and I find myself typing the same information in to both docs, which is time consuming.

For example, both documents have a "report reference" field, an "examiners name" field, a "time examination started/finished" field etc.

Is there a way that by filling this information in on the main Examination Report word doc it can be automatically updated on the Notes word doc?

Both word docs are stored in the same folder (if this helps).