Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones

Default Format/Backgorund/Color nor Fill Effects

Does not work using Word 2003.

Page does not print color on my printer (Epson Stylus Photo R220) set
to photo or Text & image.

The printers 5 color plus Black inks are all nearly full and the printer
just
printed out a color photo as a check against the printers workability.

Please clue in this old boy on how to correct this problem.
Many thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:10:48 -0800, "drybones"
wrote:

Does not work using Word 2003.

Page does not print color on my printer (Epson Stylus Photo R220) set
to photo or Text & image.

The printers 5 color plus Black inks are all nearly full and the printer
just
printed out a color photo as a check against the printers workability.

Please clue in this old boy on how to correct this problem.
Many thanks,
drybones

Go to Tools Options Print and make sure the box for "Background
colors and images" is checked -- if I remember right, it isn't checked
by default.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones

wrote:

Does not work using Word 2003.

Page does not print color on my printer (Epson Stylus Photo R220) set
to photo or Text & image.

The printers 5 color plus Black inks are all nearly full and the printer
just
printed out a color photo as a check against the printers workability.

Please clue in this old boy on how to correct this problem.
Many thanks,
drybones

Go to Tools Options Print and make sure the box for "Background
colors and images" is checked -- if I remember right, it isn't checked
by default.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Thanks for your reply, Jay.

Drat, Tools Options Print Background (is checked).

Anything else that might be stopping me from printing backgrounds?
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones

Suzanne,
Where; do I locate this, "Background colors and images" under "Include
with document" check box?

Have searched for some time now to avail.

Many thanks and a Happy Christmas to all.
drybones

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are you sure you have checked "Background colors and images" under
"Include
with document" and not "Background printing" (which is something entirely
different)?

so
all may benefit.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Step by step:

- Open the Tools Options dialog.
- Click the Print tab.
- The top section has a blue heading "Printing options" and contains
seven check boxes, including one that says "Background printing".
Ignore them.
- The second section has a blue heading "Include with document" and
contains six check boxes. The "Background colors and images" check box
is the third one in the right-hand column of this section. Make sure
it's checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones

HOLY MOLY! I said Word 2003 when I meant, "{ 2002}
Please forgive a very old man for his typo and lets try again.

Jay, your, "The second section has a blue heading "Include with document"
and
contains six check boxes. The "Background colors and images" check box
is the third one in the right-hand column of this section. Make sure it's
checked".

My Word 2002 does 'not' have a second section as noted above.
Please advise.

wrote:

Suzanne,
Where; do I locate this, "Background colors and images" under "Include
with document" check box?

Have searched for some time now to avail.

Many thanks and a Happy Christmas to all.
drybones

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are you sure you have checked "Background colors and images" under
"Include
with document" and not "Background printing" (which is something
entirely
different)?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Ah, the crucial difference a single character can make...

The ability to print background colors and images this way was first
introduced in Word 2003, which is why you don't see the option in Word
2002.

You can get pretty much the same effect in 2002. At the moment I don't
have Word 2002 installed, but these instructions for Word 2000 should
be the same or nearly so:

- Insert a text box. If the document is more than one page and you
want the same color or image on all the pages, then the cursor should
be in the header area when you use Insert Text Box; otherwise, leave
the cursor in the main text while you do it. The size you start with
doesn't matter; you'll fix that later.

- Right-click the edge of the text box and select Format Text Box.

- On the Colors & Lines tab, select the fill color or effect. Set the
line (border) to "No line".

- On the Size tab, set the height and width to the same size as the
page.

- On the Layout tab, click the Advanced button. In the next dialog, on
the Position tab, set the alignments to Left relative to Page and Top
relative to Page. On the Text Wrapping tab, click "Behind text". Click
OK in each dialog.

When you print, Word may complain that parts are outside the printable
area. If you choose to ignore that warning, the document will probably
print with at least a 0.25" border of white around the page -- that's
a limitation of the printer, and not Word's fault.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:46:22 -0800, "drybones"
wrote:

HOLY MOLY! I said Word 2003 when I meant, "{ 2002}
Please forgive a very old man for his typo and lets try again.

Jay, your, "The second section has a blue heading "Include with document"
and
contains six check boxes. The "Background colors and images" check box
is the third one in the right-hand column of this section. Make sure it's
checked".

My Word 2002 does 'not' have a second section as noted above.
Please advise.
drybones

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones

Many thanks Jay.
Now, I shall have to purchase a new Word Program. 2003 or?
Your input on this will be most welcome.

wrote:

HOLY MOLY! I said Word 2003 when I meant, "{ 2002}
Please forgive a very old man for his typo and lets try again.

Jay, your, "The second section has a blue heading "Include with document"
and
contains six check boxes. The "Background colors and images" check box
is the third one in the right-hand column of this section. Make sure it's
checked".

My Word 2002 does 'not' have a second section as noted above.
Please advise.
drybones

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Well, if this one feature is crucial and the workaround isn't
acceptable, then you'll need Word 2003 -- it's the latest available
version.

If you can make do with the workaround for a while, there will be
another release of Office coming along, probably in the third quarter
of 2006 (it's still too early to predict the timing any closer than
that). It's going to look quite different from all preceding versions
-- see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/Office12/index.html for links
to articles about what's coming -- but it will include the background
printing feature.

The least expensive purchase option for Word 2003, if you have a
student or teacher anywhere in the family, is the Student & Teacher
edition (see
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...s/default.mspx).
You can find this online or in most software or office supply stores.
(If someone mentions that Works Suite 2006 contains Word, that's true
but it's Word 2002.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones

Again, Many Thanks, Jay.
I shall wait a bit as you suggest and use your work around. Can take a
course
at the local collage for the purpose of getting the student discount. 8^)

wrote:

HOLY MOLY! I said Word 2003 when I meant, "{ 2002}
Please forgive a very old man for his typo and lets try again.

Jay, your, "The second section has a blue heading "Include with
document"
and
contains six check boxes. The "Background colors and images" check box
is the third one in the right-hand column of this section. Make sure
it's
checked".

My Word 2002 does 'not' have a second section as noted above.
Please advise.
drybones

m...

wrote:

[...]

New template accidently aplied globally and effects all old saved Corbs Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 05 02:34 PM
Word 2002 & System Effects Wesley Vogel Microsoft Word Help 0 July 25th 05 05:37 PM
why every time I exit out of word the font effects is save? bandit Microsoft Word Help 1 June 1st 05 03:43 AM
Fill Effects JAC Microsoft Word Help 0 January 15th 05 05:19 AM
Troubleshooting 'small caps' effects in font dialog The Scientist Page Layout 1 November 26th 04 11:57 PM