Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
candygirl

Default want text to remain in center of page when typing document

could someone please help me to set the page so that when I enter text, it
will stay in the center of the page as I am typing new text. I want the page
to scroll up instead of the text reaching the bottom of the page and always
looking at the bottom of the page as I type documents. Using MS OFFICE WORD XP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier

From the File menu, select Page Setup. Select the Layout tab. Set
the vertical alignment to center.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"candygirl" wrote in message
news
could someone please help me to set the page so that when I enter
text, it
will stay in the center of the page as I am typing new text. I want
the page
to scroll up instead of the text reaching the bottom of the page and
always
looking at the bottom of the page as I type documents. Using MS
OFFICE WORD XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Dawn has told you how to center text vertically on a page, but I think you
want to keep your typing in the middle of the screen, and I don't think
there's any way to make Word do this. It's better in some versions than
others, but not perfect in any.

"candygirl" wrote in message
news
could someone please help me to set the page so that when I enter text, it
will stay in the center of the page as I am typing new text. I want the
page
to scroll up instead of the text reaching the bottom of the page and

always
looking at the bottom of the page as I type documents. Using MS OFFICE

WORD XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'd make a table with one cell. Center that cell on the page and then drag
the bottom border down to the bottom margin. Center your text in the cell
vertically. It's not necessarily the best way but it works.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Dawn has told you how to center text vertically on a page, but I think you
want to keep your typing in the middle of the screen, and I don't think
there's any way to make Word do this. It's better in some versions than
others, but not perfect in any.

so
all may benefit.

news