Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LOOKinHEREnet

Default Headers and Footers in Word need to publisher friendly

Word does not allow me to have different text in the header, such as title of
chapter. Or I might want one header on even pages like book title and a
different one on odd pages like the chapter title. I would like to specify
begining this page odd page header or footer is "Chapter 1". Basically more
control over the headers and footers pertaing to sections of the book. With
out this I have to not use the header and footer and type in my page headings
manually inline with the text, this becomes a problem because it breaks up
paragraphs.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

It is certainly possible to have different headers (and different
footers) within a section. In FilePage Setup, click the Layout tab.
Select "Different first page" and "Different odd and even" and you'll
have three different headers (and footers): a first page, an even
page, and an odd page one. For more about headers and footers, see:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LOOKinHEREnet" wrote in message
Word does not allow me to have different text in the header, such as

title of
chapter. Or I might want one header on even pages like book title

and a
different one on odd pages like the chapter title. I would like to

specify
begining this page odd page header or footer is "Chapter 1".

Basically more
control over the headers and footers pertaing to sections of the

book. With
out this I have to not use the header and footer and type in my page

headings
manually inline with the text, this becomes a problem because it

breaks up
paragraphs.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader

and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Stefan has pointed you to one helpful article about headers and footers in
general. For another article pertaining to headers and footers of books in
particular, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm (this applies
to more than just numbering). For helpful info on books generally, see
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm