Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidOfBloomington DavidOfBloomington is offline

Default Need simple billing template w/sales taxes and totals

I need a simple invoice template that will multiple the number of items times
the quatity and give the amount. At te botton, it will allow adding the sales
taxes % and it will provide a grand total at the very bottom, like the one
seeing in the example "Service invoice (Simple Lines theme)" but it has to be
automated. Please. Help. David Hernandez
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are a number of invoice templates at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/re...&Query=invoice

"DavidOfBloomington" wrote in
message ...
I need a simple invoice template that will multiple the number of items

times
the quatity and give the amount. At te botton, it will allow adding the

sales
taxes % and it will provide a grand total at the very bottom, like the one
seeing in the example "Service invoice (Simple Lines theme)" but it has to

be
automated. Please. Help. David Hernandez

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Word's field arithmetic is very limited. What you describe is technically
possible, but it's hard to make it reliable. You'd be better off to embed a
block of Excel within your document, or even do the whole document in Excel
(switch off the gridlines and be creative with the cell formatting, and
no-one will see the difference).

"DavidOfBloomington" wrote in
message ...
I need a simple invoice template that will multiple the number of items
times
the quatity and give the amount. At te botton, it will allow adding the
sales
taxes % and it will provide a grand total at the very bottom, like the one
seeing in the example "Service invoice (Simple Lines theme)" but it has to
be
automated. Please. Help. David Hernandez

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi David

DavidOfBloomington wrote:
I need a simple invoice template that will multiple the number of items times
the quatity and give the amount. At te botton, it will allow adding the sales
taxes % and it will provide a grand total at the very bottom, like the one
seeing in the example "Service invoice (Simple Lines theme)" but it has to be
automated. Please. Help. David Hernandez

I agree: Excel would be best. With built-in formulas there, you can end
up with really nice dropdowns to select topics from a predefined and
extendable list.

Ask the cracks over in the .excel newsgroups, they know their beast.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
SouthSidde SouthSidde is offline
Banned

Hello to all who read this article. To answer the author's question, I personally use Excel to calculate all taxes and sales amounts for my company. My company is located in Kansas City and we have been around for about 4 years. Every time it comes time to pay property taxes or the like I look for irs offices kansas city . It literally takes a few minutes, but I feel much more relaxed after I pay my taxes. I have no debts, nothing, I'm a law-abiding citizen of my country.

annastark annastark is offline
Banned

I'm happy to have successfully registered to the forum. Hi everybody. Try our game :Retro Bowl
stevenmbrun stevenmbrun is offline
Banned

Nice post, thank you