Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shari Shari is offline

Default Auto number in same document without progression

I am using a template with automatic numbering for listing of items; however,
I want to continue to use that same template in the same document with page
breaks, but the automatic numbering continues to move the numbers up, i.e. 1,
2, 3, and then on the next template, same document 4, 5, 6.

Is there a way to use the auto numbering but to keep each template "as is,"
number 1, 2, 3 while using it in the same document?

Example: One document, one template

Mr. Smith has:
1. problem
2. problem
3. problem

Then I want to page break and then using the same template in the same
document

Mr. Jones has:
1. problem
2. problem
3. problem

However, this set of 1, 2, 3, changes to 4, 5, 6 due to the auto number. Is
there a way to stop this without having to manually change each number?

Thanx!!

--
~Shari