Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike King Mike King is offline

Default Sections but not the rest

Is it possible to have part of a page have sections and the rest not? This
document will need to be saved in the OpenXML format. Below is a link to
image of a PDF that has the format that I like to emulate. Also, can I have
sections in the header?

http://www.mkwired.com/word_template.png

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That page doesn't give me any idea what it is that you want. I think
possible when you use the word "sections" you are talking about something
different from what "sections" are in a Word document. What do you really
mean by "sections"?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mike King" wrote in message
Is it possible to have part of a page have sections and the rest not?
This document will need to be saved in the OpenXML format. Below is a
link to image of a PDF that has the format that I like to emulate. Also,
can I have sections in the header?

http://www.mkwired.com/word_template.png

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman[_2_] Jay Freedman[_2_] is offline

Looking at the picture, that's a table. What you're calling "sections" are
the columns of the table. Use the Table menu in Word, or the Table button on
the toolbar. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm for
basic information.

Yes, you can insert a table in a header, although it might be better to use
tabs to separate the items if there's only one line of information to put
there.

--
Jay Freedman

"Mike King" wrote:

Is it possible to have part of a page have sections and the rest not? This
document will need to be saved in the OpenXML format. Below is a link to
image of a PDF that has the format that I like to emulate. Also, can I have
sections in the header?

http://www.mkwired.com/word_template.png

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike King Mike King is offline