Alex

Default Simple question on cutting and pasting into Word from Excel

Hello

I have encountered a problem with Word which has puzzled me.

Quite often I create a table or chart in excel and then copy and paste in to
Word. I use copypaste specialMicrosoft Excel Chart Object or Microsoft
Excel Worksheet Object.

When I use Excel 97 to paste into Word 97 then I cna do this no problem.
However, if i use 2000, the object doen't appear correctly in Word. Often i
can just see the bottom of the object and it resists resizing or dragging so
that it canbe viewed.

Is there something I am missing with later versions of Word / Excel that is
causing the problem?

I'd appreciate any help on this matter.

Regards

Alex
Shauna Kelly

Hi Alex

If you can just see the bottom of the object, it sounds like you have pasted
the chart into a paragraph which has line spacing set to an exact
measurement. If Word thinks this paragraph is supposed to be, say, 12pt
high, then it will keep it 12pt high, even though you have a page-high chart
in it. So, make sure that the paragraph into which you paste has line
spacing set to Single.

Alternatively, try pasting using Edit Paste Special Picture (Enhanced
Metafile).

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Camera ready copy C Tate Page Layout 16 March 16th 21 09:03 AM
"Word is repaginating" slowly [email protected] Page Layout 2 May 28th 05 05:48 PM
Finding, cutting and pasting multiple words and paragraphs with ma Nexan Microsoft Word Help 6 March 2nd 05 05:49 PM
How do I prevent stray characters in Word after cutting and pasti. Pegz1213 Microsoft Word Help 0 February 22nd 05 09:49 PM