Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lols9 lols9 is offline

Default Dollar sign

Can anyone help please. I have set up my XP and Office Prof and when typing
in word, my dollar sign ($ - this is what it should look like) has 2 lines
thru it as in the American Dollar and not one as in the Australian Dollar.
Please help as it is doing it in all my documents.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What font are you using? AFAIK, there's only one dollar symbol (U0024), but
it may have two strokes in some fonts (FWIW, the U.S. dollar uses a single
stroke as well). Even in Arial Unicode MS, the Currency Symbols character
subset does not offer a different dollar sign, and even if it did, you'd
need an AutoCorrect entry or the like to produce it by pressing the dollar
key on your keyboard.

"lols9" wrote in message
Can anyone help please. I have set up my XP and Office Prof and when

typing
in word, my dollar sign ($ - this is what it should look like) has 2 lines
thru it as in the American Dollar and not one as in the Australian Dollar.
Please help as it is doing it in all my documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lols9 lols9 is offline

Thanks Suzanne, I have managed to fix it by reinstalling word. Don't know
why it did that as I have been using it for years without a problem. It just
started typing the wrong characters. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Regards
Loraine