Scott

Default Printing Page Ranges with page numbers i-iv then 1-23 for 27 total

I have a document which is a total of 27 pages long, including the intro
pages and the TOC. The beginning of the document has page numbers i-iv
(Roman Numeral 1-5) for the first 5 pages. The first 2 pages are in
introduction numbered i-ii; Pages 3 and 4 is the TOC, numbered iii-iv; Then
the rest of the document starts with the page numbers 1-23 (regular numbers).
What I want is the main document (pages 1-23 numerical; 5-27 physical) to
print on double sided pages. (I have to refeed the document into my LJ4M+ to
do this but that is not the problem). The problem is this....
When I tell the print screen to print pages 1-23 (trying to get the
numerical pages to print; main document) I get pages 1-23 physical (i -18
numerical) printed. When I tell the print screen to print pages 6-27
(physical) I get pages 6-23 (numerical--there is no page 24-27 so it stops
printing at page 23).
How do I get the print dialog to print the main pages of the document (even
only so I can refeed it to print odd only so I have double sided printing) ?
I have tried to select the pages I want printed, but the Header and Footer
do not print, so that is not the solution.
So far the only answer I have found it to delete the first part of the
document, pages i-iv, and then save as filename_main.doc then print odd,
then even pages, but I have to guess there is a better way, without making 2
documents.
The first part of the document, pages i-iv, will be single sided so that is
not a problem as I can tell the print dialog to print pages 1-4 and it prints
i-iv correctly. (Actually this printing is on the LJ4550 Color as the first
part also has color and the main document is black/white text only).

Thanks for reading and helping,
Scott

When you have more than one section in a document, you have to include the
section number in the Pages box. In this instance, assuming that page 1 is
the first page of section 2, you need to put p1s2-p23s2 (check the status
bar for the correct section and page numbers and to help you remember the
correct--but unintuitive--order). For more, see the "Print specific pages
and sections" portion of the "Print a document" Help topic.

?
I have tried to select the pages I want printed, but the Header and Footer
do not print, so that is not the solution.
So far the only answer I have found it to delete the first part of the
document, pages i-iv, and then save as filename_main.doc then print odd,
then even pages, but I have to guess there is a better way, without making

2
documents.
The first part of the document, pages i-iv, will be single sided so that

is
not a problem as I can tell the print dialog to print pages 1-4 and it

prints
i-iv correctly. (Actually this printing is on the LJ4550 Color as the

first
part also has color and the main document is black/white text only).

Thanks for reading and helping,
Scott

Scott

THANK YOU Suzanne !!
You are an absolute genius !!
I looked and looked and could not find it. I missed the 'Section' part as I
forgot that I have different footers and headers for the document...duh....
Again, Thank you.
Scott