Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aurora

Default Page Layout

I am using Word 2003

I was having problems with my ruler not staying on the screen. While I was
trying to find it, I must of hit something and now my new page screen is
different. When I open up a new page, my cursor is at the very top of the
screen (page) but the bottom task bar says I am at the 1" top margin. If I
type in something and view print preview - it looks like it will print at the
1" top margin. It looks the same in both normal and print layout views.
What have I done. I do not like this. I always work in print preview view
because I like to know exactly where I am at. Can anyone help me????

Please - I need help ASAP - I have a lot of work to do.

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

I'm having a new problem with Word (part of 2003 Office student/teacher).
I've always worked in page layout view. But now when I open a new document
(either from the Word icon OR from an existing document in page layout view)
the new document opens with a tiny page up in the left corner and the cursor
is a little dot instead of the vertical line I'm used to. I've looked around
for this problem and have not found it anywhere. I've also tried updates
(don't need any) as well as a "repair" which involved inserting my original
CD.

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using Word 2003

I was having problems with my ruler not staying on the screen. While I was
trying to find it, I must of hit something and now my new page screen is
different. When I open up a new page, my cursor is at the very top of the
screen (page) but the bottom task bar says I am at the 1" top margin. If I
type in something and view print preview - it looks like it will print at the
1" top margin. It looks the same in both normal and print layout views.
What have I done. I do not like this. I always work in print preview view
because I like to know exactly where I am at. Can anyone help me????

Please - I need help ASAP - I have a lot of work to do.

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sounds like you've gotten stuck at a very low Zoom setting. If changing it
on the Standard toolbar doesn't "hold" for new docs see:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac