Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TJHanson TJHanson is offline

Default Data Merge Manager

Where is the Data Merge Manager? It is not under my Tools menu, and it is not
in the Customize Toolbars list. I need to develop some mail merge letters.
Help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try Tools - Letters and Mailings - Mail Merge (assuming you're using Word
2003 or something similar).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"TJHanson" wrote in message
Where is the Data Merge Manager? It is not under my Tools menu, and it is
not
in the Customize Toolbars list. I need to develop some mail merge letters.
Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TJHanson TJHanson is offline

I have Office 2004 (Mac). I reloaded it in case something got deleted. But I
still do not have any Data Merge Manager, or a Letters and Mailings - Mail
Merge menu feature. MS recently udated their Office 2004 product with 11.2.6.
Did they blow out the merge feature?

"TJHanson" wrote in message
Where is the Data Merge Manager? It is not under my Tools menu, and it is
not
in the Customize Toolbars list. I need to develop some mail merge letters.
Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry... I don't speak "Mac". But, I thought that the Windows & Mac versions
of Word were similar. I guess not. You might try
microsoft.public.mac.office.word if you don't find any help here.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"TJHanson" wrote in message
Where is the Data Merge Manager? It is not under my Tools menu, and it
is
not
in the Customize Toolbars list. I need to develop some mail merge
letters.
Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Oh, on a Mac? (Always state version when first asking for help, please....)

I would bet 5.1 Menus are the problem. Update 11.2.6 did not blow out the
merge feature.

Make sure you didn't accidentally turn on "Word 5.1 Menus". Look under View
to see if there's a check next to that option. If that isn't the problem:

If you go to Tools | Customize Toolbars/Menus, select the Menu Bar, and
click Reset, it should set all your main menus and built-in toolbars back to
the default.

If you have customized your menus or toolbars, you may want to explore the
Tools | Customize, Commands dialog, and drag the commands you are missing
back to the toolbars/menus yourself, rather than wipe out your
customizations by clicking Reset.

For future reference, see here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups
for MacWord, MacExcel, and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

More info on using Newsgroups:
http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/AccessNewsgroups.htm
(hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser)

"TJHanson" wrote in message
Where is the Data Merge Manager? It is not under my Tools menu, and it is
not
in the Customize Toolbars list. I need to develop some mail merge letters.
Help

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Can't get Word 2003 to keep data file with mail merge main documen Yourcareercoach Mailmerge 9 August 10th 06 12:19 PM
Data Trucated in word merge with excel source BAW Mailmerge 6 May 3rd 06 04:10 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
DotNet Data Table as Mail Merge Data Source goraya Mailmerge 1 July 7th 05 09:51 AM
Merge Data Source path Peter Jamieson Mailmerge 0 November 25th 04 07:15 PM