doronb

Default why do I get stuck when updating multi page TOC?

I am using advanced TOC with a Multi Document source, every time I update the
TOC Word get's stuck on the thied chapter (file) on page two it says it is
attempting to repaginate, but an hour later it is still on the same page....
pressing escape does cancel the process but that doesn't help me since I
can't update my TOC.
PLease help!!!!
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZG9yb25i?=,

I am using advanced TOC with a Multi Document source, every time I update the
TOC Word get's stuck on the thied chapter (file) on page two it says it is
attempting to repaginate, but an hour later it is still on the same page....
pressing escape does cancel the process but that doesn't help me since I
can't update my TOC.

Are you able to open this document in Word? It sounds as if it's been damaged...

If you can open it, then
- create a new document from the same template
- copy all the text EXCEPT the last paragraph mark
- paste it into the new document

You'll need to recreate the headers and footers.

If this doesn't help, try the same as above, except this time be sure to also
leave out any Section breaks. You'll need to recreate the sections in the new
document, as you go.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org