Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
bvuk

Default Insert of (Figure and Table) caption not picking up chapter number

Really strange problem - it used to work and it still does for my backuped
version of the file (in question). The problem might have been affected with
changes I was doing on the template for the current document.

However, I don't know how this condition was created nor I know how to fix it.

Word 2003
Insert - Reference - Caption
When I want to insert 'table' the Word gives me only Table 1-1, even though
it should be Table 4-1 (I am in the chapter 4).

As I said, the same document, backuped file (2 weeks old), is available. I
am not able to see the difference in the formatting - everything looks the
same between these two documents.

In that old document,
Insert - Reference - Caption
gives me Table 4-1.

As I said, in my current document,
Insert - Reference - Caption
gives me Table 1-1.

Really frustrating. Any help highly appreciated.