Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Walter R.[_2_] Walter R.[_2_] is offline

Default Should I upgrade to Word 2007?

I am still using Word 2003. It works fine for me. What would be a compelling
reason to upgrade to Word 2007?

I understand Word 2007 saves documents in a different format than Word 2003.
Would my friends still be able to read a 2007 document in an older version
of Word?

Is there a URL that extols the virtues of Word 2007?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can save documents in the old format; or 2003 can read 2007 format
if they download the Compatibility Pack.

Everyone who switches hates the totally new interface at first; some
people get used to it, others cope by putting the commands we use
frequently on the "Quick Access Toolbar."

The one majorly new feature is the bibliography tool, which is very
poorly implemented and completely inflexible unless you are familiar
with a certain kind of programming.

There are new ways of making forms, but the old ways are still
available.

A change that everyone hates was the virtual elimination of
AutoComplete (with tips).

A change that almost everyone approves was the elimination of the
"features" like marching ants (which will still operate if they're in
older files, unfortunately).

This is Microsoft we're talking about -- surely you don't think they
_don't_ have such a webpage!