Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

Default How do I turn off the template help sidebar?

Every time I open a Word document the "template help" sidebar pops up. I've
changed the view in "toolbars", and created a new Normal.dot document, but
nothing seems to be working. Anyone else have this issue?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I may not understand your description correctly.

Is it the Task Pane you see? (check whether View Task Pane is selected)
If that is the case, try this: select Tools Options View tab. Is
"Startup Task Pane" turned on (first option to the left)? If that is the
case, turn it off and click OK.

See also:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

--