Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] righteousraven@gmail.com is offline

Default List of tables missing some table references

Using office2007 trial, my list of tables goes from 1-11 and from
18-23, but is completely missing 12-17. I dont see anything special
about tables 12-17, but table 18 is the first table in my appendix.
Any ideas?

RR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How/where did you insert the missing captions? If they are in text
boxes, Word cannot "see" them, so they won't be included in a list of
tables.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ps.com...
Using office2007 trial, my list of tables goes from 1-11 and from
18-23, but is completely missing 12-17. I dont see anything special
about tables 12-17, but table 18 is the first table in my appendix.
Any ideas?

RR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Oh, that is good news.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Actually, Word 2007 *can* see text in text boxes; this is a change

from
previous versions.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
How/where did you insert the missing captions? If they are in text
boxes, Word cannot "see" them, so they won't be included in a list

of
tables.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ps.com...
Using office2007 trial, my list of tables goes from 1-11 and

from
18-23, but is completely missing 12-17. I dont see anything

special
about tables 12-17, but table 18 is the first table in my

appendix.
Any ideas?

RR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Well, it raised the question of "What good does it do to fix a bug if you
don't tell anybody you've fixed it and so they keep on using the same old
workarounds?" Of course, the new behavior is not backward-compatible.

[...]

wrote in message
ps.com...
Using office2007 trial, my list of tables goes from 1-11 and
from
18-23, but is completely missing 12-17. I dont see anything
special
about tables 12-17, but table 18 is the first table in my
appendix.
Any ideas?

RR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you don't tell anyone, then it's not a bug fix, but an "undocumented
new feature," I guess. g

--
[...]

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
How/where did you insert the missing captions? If they are

in
text
boxes, Word cannot "see" them, so they won't be included in

list
of
tables.

--