Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vwdrv1 vwdrv1 is offline

Default Delete Section Breaks

Hi All......Just got new computer with Win Office 2007.....Am trying to
figure out how to get rid of what I think are 'section breaks' in a
document......Driving me crazy.....!!!

Have read other postings on this issue......Suggestion of finding ^b and ^n
is not working for me.....I get a message saying 'none could be
found'.....Suggestion of double clicking the line doesn't do anything.....

Please help me with this......Thanx.....
--
H/P Pavilion 1907 / Pent Duel core / WinVista-SP1 / IE 7 / OFFICE 2007 /
AVG7(Free) / / AOL9 VR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vwdrv1 vwdrv1 is offline

Hi grammatim.....

Actually---now that I look closer, I have 2 types of "whatever they
are".....Some are solid single lines.....Others are solid double
lines.......They go across the page.....When I place the mouse and hover I
get the up and down arrows; if I left click, a broken line goes across the
page......

They automatically appear as I'm editing (copy / paste; and moving
things).....

When I print a page---those lines show......

Thanx for helping me......
H/P Pavilion / Pent Duel core / WinVista-SP1 / IE 7 / OFFICE 2007 /
AVG7(Free) / / AOL9 VR

On Aug 4, 7:17 am, vwdrv1 wrote:
Hi All......Just got new computer with Win Office 2007.....Am trying to
figure out how to get rid of what I think are 'section breaks' in a
document......Driving me crazy.....!!!

Have read other postings on this issue......Suggestion of finding ^b and ^n
is not working for me.....I get a message saying 'none could be
found'.....Suggestion of double clicking the line doesn't do anything.....

Please help me with this......Thanx.....
--
H/P Pavilion 1907 / Pent Duel core / WinVista-SP1 / IE 7 / OFFICE 2007 /
AVG7(Free) / / AOL9 VR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

From your description, I'd say that those are paragraph borders. To remove a
border, first select the paragraphs surrounding it. On the Home tab, in the
Paragraph group, click the arrow on the Borders and Shading button (on the
bottom right), and then choose "No Border."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On Aug 4, 7:17 am, vwdrv1 wrote:
Hi All......Just got new computer with Win Office 2007.....Am trying to
figure out how to get rid of what I think are 'section breaks' in a
document......Driving me crazy.....!!!

Have read other postings on this issue......Suggestion of finding ^b
and ^n
is not working for me.....I get a message saying 'none could be
found'.....Suggestion of double clicking the line doesn't do
anything.....

Please help me with this......Thanx.....
--
H/P Pavilion 1907 / Pent Duel core / WinVista-SP1 / IE 7 / OFFICE 2007
/
AVG7(Free) / / AOL9 VR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vwdrv1 vwdrv1 is offline

Hi Stefan Blom....

Oh my gosh-------Never in my wildest dreams did I think it was a 'border'.....

You are absolutely right......A few little clicks and voila---all
gone.......!!!

Thank you sooo very much.....
--
H/P Pavilion / Pent Duel core / WinVista-SP1 / IE 7 / OFFICE 2007 /
AVG7(Free) / / AOL9 VR

From your description, I'd say that those are paragraph borders. To remove a

On Aug 4, 7:17 am, vwdrv1 wrote:
Hi All......Just got new computer with Win Office 2007.....Am trying to
figure out how to get rid of what I think are 'section breaks' in a
document......Driving me crazy.....!!!

Have read other postings on this issue......Suggestion of finding ^b
and ^n
is not working for me.....I get a message saying 'none could be
found'.....Suggestion of double clicking the line doesn't do
anything.....

Please help me with this......Thanx.....
--
H/P Pavilion 1907 / Pent Duel core / WinVista-SP1 / IE 7 / OFFICE 2007
/
AVG7(Free) / / AOL9 VR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

If you find that Word inserts borders for you without a good reason (for
example when typing three asterisks and pressing Enter), turn off the
"Border lines" option in the AutoFormat As You Type tab of the AutoCorrect
dialog box.

To display the dialog box: Click Office button | Word Options. In the
Proofing category, click the AutoCorrect Options button.

For more on the AutoFormat As You Type options, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"vwdrv1" wrote in message
Hi Stefan Blom....

Oh my gosh-------Never in my wildest dreams did I think it was a
'border'.....

You are absolutely right......A few little clicks and voila---all

Thank you sooo very much.....
--
H/P Pavilion / Pent Duel core / WinVista-SP1 / IE 7 / OFFICE 2007 /
AVG7(Free) / / AOL9 VR

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

From your description, I'd say that those are paragraph borders. To
remove a