Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Default Removing all Japanese language text, in doc with English and Japan

How can I remove all of the foreign language out of the document, so that
only English remains?

Please help, I have a large document
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the English text isn't typed using the same font as the Japanese,
then just do a Find/Replace (Ctrl-H). With the cursor in the upper
box, click More Format Font, and choose the Japanese font; in the
lower box type nothing at all (and be sure any formatting is cleared),
click Find Next and Replace to verify that it's working right, and
then click Replace All.

On Jun 16, 2:01*pm, JB wrote:
How can I remove all of the foreign language out of the document, so that
only English remains?

Please help, I have a large document

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Default Removing all Japanese language text, in doc with English and J

Thank-you but I tried that and it didn't work. They entire document is in
the same font as the Japanese (" MS PGothic "), so it isn't working. However
it shows on the status bar that it knows the difference between the Japanese
and English text. Is there another way?

I appreciate your help

On Jun 16, 2:01 pm, JB wrote:
How can I remove all of the foreign language out of the document, so that
only English remains?

Please help, I have a large document

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

However it shows on the status bar that it knows the difference
between the Japanese and English text. Is there another way?

Yes, you can search for a particular language in the Edit Find dialog (
Format Language).

Even if the language weren't applied, it might be possible to delete the
japanese characters with a wildcard search, but that does not seem
necessary.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the same Format menu in the Find/Replace panel, there's a line for
Language. If all the Japanese text is marked "Japanese," as it seems
to be, then you can find it that way.

(And then do change your English text out of Japanese Gothic -- it's a
really ugly roman font!)

On Jun 16, 2:01 pm, JB wrote:
How can I remove all of the foreign language out of the document, so that
only English remains?

Please help, I have a large document-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

I have tried using Format Language under the Find tool, and it didn't work.
It keeps selecting the English along with the Japanese text. I found a way
to select the English Letters only (it won't select the symbols). I
converted English letters to Arial text. I want to convert the symbols to
Arial, what wildcard could I use to select all symbols?

Hopefully after having both English text and symbols in Arial I can select
all the Japanese Gothic text and delete it.

Thanks to all who responded