deb

Default what is the best course to start with for learning word for a new

i would like to learn how to use word programs on my computer and would like
to know what course to take as i have funding from the parents return to work
program.? thanks deb
Anne Troy

Deb, there are many, many different courses available, and many different
types. Could you be a little more specific? Do you have the luxury of
choosing, for instance, between online courses and classroom instruction?
You can learn an awful lot for free right on the internet. Just do a search
for "free word tutorials", and you'll find quite a few. There are also
places like www.eclecticacademy.com, who offer inexpensive online courses.
It really depends on your favorite method of learning. I hate books, myself.
I learn better flying by the seat of my pants. I've written a book on Word,
but only ever took one course, and only learned one thing in the whole day.

You can get a lot of tips from my Office Articles web, which might help if
you get stuck on something you learn, and you can always submit an article
request if you find something particularly confusing and I don't explain it
or don't explain it well. Or of course, just ask here!

Whatever you do, I wish you luck!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"deb" wrote in message
i would like to learn how to use word programs on my computer and would

like
to know what course to take as i have funding from the parents return to

work
program.? thanks deb

Hi Ho Silver

I have learned the rudiments of Word from the "Word 2002 For Dummies" book.
I just started on page one and went through it, underlining and highlighting
what seemed of special interest to me and skipping a few things that were
not. I wrote additional notes in a Word document for future reference. It
was an inexpensive way to get started, and thereby have a kind of 'textbook'
for ongoing use. To get really proficient, I would probably take one of
those online tutorials, but at least I am started. Cheers,
--
John Hanley

To send return email:
jphanley
@
ix.
netcom.
com

"deb" wrote in message
i would like to learn how to use word programs on my computer and would
like
to know what course to take as i have funding from the parents return to
work
program.? thanks deb

Anne Troy

By the way, Deb... I worked for a helpdesk some time ago. They taught us all
the Office applications very quickly. They had us begin using the method I
describe he
http://www.officearticles.com/word/l...osoft_word.htm
I never learned so many things so quickly in my life.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com