tnybecker

Default hyperlink changes address from absolute path to relative

I create a hyperlink in Word as an absolute pathname to a directory on a
server, eg: \\Lona01f02n\data\ITBILLING

whenever I click "save" the hyperlink changes the address to a relative
path, thus:
.../../../../../../data/ITBILLING

Why? This is absolutely not a valid thing to do. What if I mail my document
to somebody ? this link will no longer work. How do I stop this irritating
behaviour ?

Thanks,

Tony

Andra

How do you create hyperlinks?
Are you talking about field code or field display text (regarding given
example)?
Checked or unchecked Tools AutoCorrect AutoFormat As You Type Replace
as you type Internet and network paths with hyperlinks?

tnybecker wrote
I create a hyperlink in Word as an absolute pathname to a directory on a
server, eg: \\Lona01f02n\data\ITBILLING

whenever I click "save" the hyperlink changes the address to a relative
path, thus:
../../../../../../data/ITBILLING

Why? This is absolutely not a valid thing to do. What if I mail my

document
to somebody ? this link will no longer work. How do I stop this irritating
behaviour ?

Thanks,

Tony

Norbert

Have a look to this thread: Hyperlink UNC-path back from relative to absolute
or just try Beth Melton's solution:
"Beth Melton" wrote:
[...]
See if the following works for you as well:
- Go to Tools/Options/General
- Click the Web Options command
- On the Files tab turn off "Update links on save"

[...]

Regards
Norbert

how to make a relative path in a hyperlink in a word-html file? Word Hyperlinks Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 02:31 PM
Requirement for address book contact for addressing an envelope? ajsandbergjr Microsoft Word Help 5 December 11th 04 11:53 PM
hyperlink jr Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 10:55 PM
Hyperlink truncation issue in Word suzysteele Microsoft Word Help 0 November 30th 04 02:17 PM
Add support for relative path names in master documents Alex Microsoft Word Help 1 November 25th 04 10:43 AM