Joe

Default Search Word files with a list of words or phrases

I have a list of 30+ words and phrases that I need to seach in a bunch of
Word documents, in Office 2000 and Office XP. Is there a way to save this
list in a template or some other form so that one can search Word documents
without retyping each word and phrase on the list.

TIA.
--
....Joe
Jay Freedman

Joe wrote:
I have a list of 30+ words and phrases that I need to seach in a
bunch of Word documents, in Office 2000 and Office XP. Is there a
way to save this list in a template or some other form so that one
can search Word documents without retyping each word and phrase on
the list.

It's certainly possible to write a macro to search each document for each
word/phrase in a list. The article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm shows how to do a Replace
All operation for one word or phrase in all the documents in a folder. It
could be altered to take input from another document that contains the list,
and repeat the search for each item in the list.

The big question is, what do you want to do when you find one of the
words/phrases in a document? Do you want to do a replacement, or write a
list of the found locations to yet another document, or...??

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Joe

It would be nice to be able to generate a summary for each Word.doc that it
scanned and write each matched word or phrases found with their location in
the document, and save it in a summary document or a summary document for
each file.

--
....Joe