Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SAH

Default download document without saving

Whenever I download a word document from internet or email, I am prompted to
save it because the "file type is unknown". The 'word' icon does not appear,
almost like the computer doesn't recognize that it's from word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You may need to re-register Word. See the instructions for running
Word with the /r switch in the following KB article:

How to use startup command line switches to start Word 2003, Word
2002, and Word 2000

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SAH" wrote in message
Whenever I download a word document from internet or email, I am
prompted to
save it because the "file type is unknown". The 'word' icon does
not appear,
almost like the computer doesn't recognize that it's from word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Glad I could help.

--