Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew Dickson

Default Manipulate template category

I have created a fax template in MS Word 2003 and wish to have it displayed
in the 'Letters & Faxes' tab displayed within word however, I can only save
it, and have it displayed on the 'General' tab.

How can I manipulate it so that the document template will show under the
'Letters & Faxes' heading tab?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

To add a template to any of the tabs other than General, go to the User
Templates folder and create a new subfolder whose name matches the title of
the desired tab -- in this case, create a 'Letters & Faxes' folder. Put your
template in that folder, and it will appear along with the other templates
on that tab. (The built-in templates don't exist as files unless you make a
change in the template and save it.)

You can also create a new tab different from any of the existing ones by
creating a new folder with some other name within the User Templates folder
and putting at least one template in the folder. Empty folders don't appear
as tabs in the dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Andrew Dickson wrote:
I have created a fax template in MS Word 2003 and wish to have it
displayed in the 'Letters & Faxes' tab displayed within word however,
I can only save it, and have it displayed on the 'General' tab.

How can I manipulate it so that the document template will show under
the 'Letters & Faxes' heading tab?

Thanks in advance!

How do I add a page or category to Cookbook template? Molly Wood Microsoft Word Help 3 March 28th 06 03:56 AM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
In what category do I submit Q about problems w/a Word03 template Caroline O. Microsoft Word Help 4 November 2nd 05 04:18 AM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM