Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Tony is offline

Default How do I add a space at the beginning of a broken table on nextpg

How do I add a space at the beginning of a broken table on next page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I think we need a little more detail. What kind of space? Inside or outside
the table? Broken how?

"Tony" wrote in message
How do I add a space at the beginning of a broken table on next page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Naticruz Naticruz is offline

"Tony" escreveu:

How do I add a space at the beginning of a broken table on next page?

CTRL+Enter in first line.

Naticruz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This splits the table, creating a second one. It is not at all obvious
that this is what the OP wants to do.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Naticruz" wrote in message

"Tony" escreveu:

How do I add a space at the beginning of a broken table on next

page?

CTRL+Enter in first line.

Naticruz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Tony is offline

Default How do I add a space at the beginning of a broken table on nex

This is what happen:

When I select the first row of a table as Headings, this row will show on
do anything on the heading row of the next page. If I do a Ctrl+ enter on the
first row of the split (continuing) table I will break it, and I will have
two tables, and the heading I selected at the begining will not show on the
second table (since they are independent). What I wanted to do was to include
a space at the beginning of the continuing table, so that it wont be to close
to the Header.

Thanks a lot

"Naticruz" wrote in message

"Tony" escreveu:

How do I add a space at the beginning of a broken table on next

page?

CTRL+Enter in first line.

Naticruz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Deal with the header (or heading row, whichever you're talking about)
instead. Add the necessary amount of Spacing After. Or add Spacing Before to
the first row on the page.

"Tony" wrote in message
This is what happen:

When I select the first row of a table as Headings, this row will show on

cannot

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Which is why I wondered what the OP meant by "broken" in the first

place. If
it is already split, there should be an empty paragraph above it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Naticruz" wrote in message

"Tony" escreveu:

How do I add a space at the beginning of a broken table on next
page?

CTRL+Enter in first line.

Naticruz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Suzanne has given you the answer. However, for future reference you may
want to take a look at this article:

How do I control where the page breaks will fall in a table which
extends over several pages?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

--
Stefan Blom