Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Aldridge John Aldridge is offline

Default How do I set autotext category for new entry?

When Word2003 was first installed on my machine it had an autotext category
called Signature with one item (jald) which, when used, put those same
letters into the word document. I wanted to replace that with more
complicated signature text including paragraph marks.

I've successfully created a new Autotext entry called John but it shows now
shows up in the Normal category and the Signature category is no longer
present.

Can anyone tell me how to change the category of this John entry from Normal
to Signature?

Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The AutoText categories are determined by the styles applied to your
AutoTexts when they are created.

If you apply the built-in style named "Signature" to your signature text
before saving it as an AutoText, a category named "Signature" should
reappear, containing your signature AutoText. You can modify the Signature
style to fit your needs.

For more details on AutoTexts, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm

--