Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MaryB MaryB is offline

Default How do I close a document from the toolbar w/o shutting down word

I just bought the new Word. If I'm working on a single document, I can't
seem to close it, using the upper right X, without closing the program. In
the new Excel, there's a double selection at the top right, and one can close
the document with the lower level of X, leaving the program open. Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Yeah - for some reason the close button "couldn't be included" in this
version, suposedly due to technical constraints.

Go to the Office button instead & choose Close from there. Alternatively you
can add a Close button to the Quick Access Toolbar.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones