Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben

Default "How do I track changes in a form?"

I am developing a form that needs to be completed by one individual and then
reviewed by another. Whenever the form is locked ("protect form" icon on the
form toolbar) for use, the track changes toolbar is greyed out. Does anyone
know how to enable track changes for use while a form is protected?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Have you tried turning it on before protecting the form? It works for me.
Word 2003

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Ben" wrote in message
I am developing a form that needs to be completed by one individual and
then
reviewed by another. Whenever the form is locked ("protect form" icon on
the
form toolbar) for use, the track changes toolbar is greyed out. Does
anyone
know how to enable track changes for use while a form is protected?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben

Thank you very much Charles! This is definitely an improvement . . . the form
now tracks changes to text responses, but it still doesn't seem to track
changes made in combo boxes (select list entries). Do you have any of those
in your forms?

"Ben" wrote in message
I am developing a form that needs to be completed by one individual and
then
reviewed by another. Whenever the form is locked ("protect form" icon on
the
form toolbar) for use, the track changes toolbar is greyed out. Does
anyone
know how to enable track changes for use while a form is protected?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BC

For this issue, what about allowing the user(s) who fill out the form to
review and accept changes from others before finalizing? I cannot get it to
allow to review and accept/reject changes until the form is unprotected.