Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
placida

Default "how do I do a screen dump"

I am trying to do a screen dump but I can't remember how, can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Press the key helpfully labeled "PrintScreen" (probably abbreviated to
"PrtScn" or something like that). Also press the Alt key at the same
time to limit the capture to the active window.

The result will be on the clipboard, and can be pasted into Word,
Paint, or another graphics program of your choice.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:05:02 -0700, placida

I am trying to do a screen dump but I can't remember how, can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Manoj

Alt+PrntScrn

I am trying to do a screen dump but I can't remember how, can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
placida

thank you that helps a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan

There is a great piece of freeware called 20/20 that I have been using since
my Win95 days:

http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/85/8500.htm

It should be a part of every tech writer's repetoire.

"placida" wrote:

I am trying to do a screen dump but I can't remember how, can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Why use 20/20 if it's already buit-in?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"placida" wrote:

I am trying to do a screen dump but I can't remember how, can anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan

20/20 can capture the desktop, a rectangular area, an active window with and
without cursor. I've even used it to capture dropdown menus. You can copy and
paste the image or save it in a number of image formats.

It also has an image editing function, but I haven't used it much.

"placida" wrote:

I am trying to do a screen dump but I can't remember how, can anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I've just started using SnagIt and I am soooooooooooooooo impressed with it.
It had been a while since I found software that makes me sit up and say
"OOOOOOOOOOOH!" :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Most of us here use SnagIt, but it sounds as is 20/20 is comparable.

so
all may benefit.